Try the healthy bulgur sprouts salad on a winter evening
Home Chef Shital Kakad’s Lebanese Bulgur Sprouts salad recipe drizzled with extra virgin olive oil is not only flavourful but also a nutritional powerhouse. The nutty Middle-Eastern Bulgur grain is used to make tabbouleh and other Mediterranean dishes. Kakad’s tasty and tangy wholesome salad comprising moong sprouts, red bell pepper and pomegranate seeds makes for an ideal wintery hearty salad meal. Go ahead and try her salad recipe and share your experience.
- Prep time
- Cooking time
|Bulgur wheat or dalia or lapsi na fada||1 cup/s|
|Moong sprouts||1 cup/s|
|Pomegranate seeds||1 cup/s|
|Red bell pepper||1 piece/s|
|Fresh basil leaves||12 piece/s|
|Chilli powder||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Cumin powder||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Lemon juice||2 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
- Place the bulgur wheat in a microwave oven safe bowl with 2 cups of water and microwave on high for about 5 minutes. Check it and if required, microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Lightly steam the sprouts in a microwavable bowl with 2 tbsp water for 2 minutes.
- Apply oil on the red bell pepper and roast in the convection mode for about 5 minutes till the skin looks charred. Cool and then chop it into small pieces (if preferred, simply chop and saute in olive oil to make it easier).
- Take a bowl and mix the bulgur wheat, sprouts, pomegranate seeds, chopped red pepper and basil leaves.
- Now add in the red chilli, cumin powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Lastly, add the extra virgin olive oil and mix everything well.
- Plate this salad beautifully and serve.