Summer Potato Salad
Everybody loves Salad, its healthy, tasty and enjoyed by all. Although Ingredients may be same, but each person has their own signature and it does taste different. I prepared Summer Potato Salad for potluck which I attended last week end and it was relished truly.
- Prep time
- Cooking time
|Red Potatoes||500 gram (g)|
|Green Peas||100 gram (g)|
|Beans||100 gram (g)|
|Carrots||100 gram (g)|
|Cranberries||50 gram (g)|
|BBQ Mayonnaise||2 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|Normal Mayonnaise||2 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|Cream Cheese||1 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|Dijon Mustard Sauce||2 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|Honey||1 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|mixed Herbs||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Black Pepper||2 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
Wild Asparagus Table initiated by Saloni Malkani and Ananya Banerjee gave the group of foodies chance to explore the international cuisine of the world. Every month, a country was chosen, and the members went on to explore and research the culture and food of that place. We actually felt we were visiting the place when we enjoyed the great variety of dishes under one roof.
And then pandemic happened and our activities came to a pause. Until now.. We are back.
But this week was different. ‘Wild Asparagus Table’ was organised with a theme of #BritishPicnic potluck this time. A small limited group of ten members met at Shilpa Seth Bhambri house with their picnic basket of home made meals, recipes researched, curated and crafted. Every dish was unique and extremely delicious.
I prepared Summer Potato Salad and it was enjoyed by all. I am happy to share the recipe.
1. Boil 6 eggs for 20 minutes. Cool and slice them.
2. Place red potatoes in a pressure cooker with enough water to cover upto 2 inches and pressure cook upto 3 whistles. Cool, peel and chop the boiled potatoes into bite size squares.
3. Blanch Green Peas, chopped carrots and chopped beans separately.
4. Add the potatoes to a large bowl and add the blanched Peas, carrots and beans. Add salt, black pepper, honey and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, combine regular Mayonnaise, BBQ Mayonnaise, Cream Cheese, dijon Mustard. Add refrigerated potatoes and vegetables prepared earlier and mix it gently.
6. Transfer the mixture to Salad bowl, in layers, alternating with sliced boiled eggs.
7. Carefully place Cranberries, boiled Eggs and Chives to style an outdoor picnic theme.
8. Garnish with black pepper, mixed herbs and finely chopped chives.