Learn the art of making nutritious sweet corn cake
Planning Lunch box snacks for kids or adults is not an easy task. The hunt for something interesting and nutritious is never ending. So here's delicate corn cakes drizzled with hot salsa that are ideal for lunch boxes. Chef Shital Kakad's finger-food recipe from the digital cookbook by Godrej Appliances comes loaded with the goodness of corn – rich in vitamin B12, vitamin C and complex carbohydrates. So go ahead and follow the quick step-by-step recipe of this mouthwatering snack!
11 Dec 2019
- Prep time
- Cooking time
|Sweet corn||1 cup/s|
|Maize flour (Makai atta)||1 cup/s|
|Chopped spring onions (only the white portion)||1 cup/s|
|Red pepper, chopped||0.5 piece/s|
|Green chillies paste||2 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Garlic paste||3 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Oil to shallow fry||dash|
- Blend the sweet corn in the mixer. It should be lumpy and not a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to form a soft, dough-like texture.
- From this dough, form small and thick discs into a patty.
- Take a microwave oven safe plate and brush with oil.
- Place the patty on the plate and microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side till it gets a nice, brown colour.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or a snack with salsa or any sauce of your choice.
Rate this recipe: