Kick off your weekday dinner with this no-fuss Coconut Steamed fish
This maximum flavour and no-fuss recipe of Chef Inderpreet Nagpal in the digital cookbook by Godrej Appliances is healthy and simple to make. The white fish dish is intensely flavourful when slathered with Madras curry powder, lemon juice, coconut milk and kadhi patta. Nearly any type of fish works well including Indian salmon, Basa, pomfret, King Fish to name a few. Serve it with brown rice or vegetable salad.
- Prep time
- Cooking time
|Fish of your choice||1 piece/s|
|Green chillies sliced||4 piece/s|
|Lime juice||1 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|Coconut milk||1 cup/s|
|Coriander||1 tablespoon/s (tbsp)|
|Mustard seeds||0.5 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Madras curry powder||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Coconut oil||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
- Mix the Madras curry powder in coconut milk and keep it aside.
- Marinate the fish with salt and lime juice.
- Place the marinated fish on a foil with sliced chillies and kadhi patta. Pour half the coconut milk mix and wrap the fish in the foil. Leave it for an hour.
- Remove the foil and keep the fish in the microwave dish. Cover with microwave oven safe lid and microwave for three minutes.
- While the fish is steaming, put coconut oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and kadhi patta. After few seconds, add the remaining coconut milk mix. Add little salt and bring it to a boil.
- Place the steamed fish on a serving dish. Pour the cooked coconut milk mix on top and serve with your choice of boiled vegetables.