How to make the perfect Poached Egg breakfast in a microwave
Caught up with preparing for your New Year’s Eve party? No time to eat amidst all the organising and running around? Don’t skip your meals just because of that! Try this healthy, filling and protein-rich recipe from the digital cookbook by Godrej Appliances. All you need is a microwave oven and just six ingredients!
- Prep time
- Cooking time
|1 tablespoon/s (tbsp)
|0.5 litre (l)
- Fill a coffee mug halfway with hot water.
- Place the cling film in the mug and crack an egg in that. Use the tip of a toothpick to gently poke a small hole in the yolk. This allows steam to escape during the cooking process, so your microwave poached egg doesn’t explode.
- Seal the cling film at the top by twisting the ends together.
- Place this cling film-wrapped egg into the cup of water. Make sure there is enough water in the mug to cover the egg and microwave for 40 to 60 seconds on high.
- Remove the egg out of the mug and undo the cling film.
- Spread the peanut butter on top of the muffin. Put a sliced avocado and carefully drop the poached egg on top. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and serve.