Dine with your fur baby at these amazing pet-friendly restaurants
The number of pet-owning families in India has gone up considerably over the last few years, and with it has spawned a whole industry of pet-friendly products and services. Pet-friendly restaurants have become increasingly popular across the country, and you can easily find great eateries to hang out with your favourite pooch in every major city in India. Here are some cafés and restaurants for you to grab a bite with your pet pal.
1. Pefe Pet Café: Located in Lokhandwala in Mumbai, Pefe welcomes pets of all breeds and has a special pet menu for the furries. The café hosts pet events where your pupper can meet other dogs and socialise.
2. Doolally Taproom: Sip on some craft beer, munch on yummy finger food and watch your pooch run around and play with other dogs. Staff that is trained to be pet-friendly and doggy-appropriate food are some other reasons to visit Doolally with your furry buddy.
1. Puppychino: This café is dedicated to celebrating canine companions. Puppychino in Shahpur Jat, New Delhi is a unique space that welcomes all dogs with amazing food, great activities, an off-leash area to play and socialise, a doggie spa, and much more. You can even celebrate your dog’s birthday here!
2. Café Soul Garden: A beautiful outdoor restaurant in DLF Phase 4, Gurugram, Soul Garden hits all the right notes – pet-friendly, great food, co-working space, free wi-fi, wonderful ambience and authentic wood-fired pizzas.
1. Therpup: A dog-friendly café in Whitefield, Bengaluru, Therpup provides pet lovers a place to bond and play with their pets. The café also has an extensive dog menu with healthy treats for your furry friend.
2. Green Theory: Green Theory is a vegetarian and vegan restaurant in Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, which has outdoor garden seating for diners with pets. A quaint bungalow with amazing food, Green Theory is a good place to relax and unwind with your dog.
1. Twisty Tails: Located in Nungambakkam in Chennai, Twisty Tails caters to pet loving diners who hate leaving their pet behind when they go out. The restaurant is set in a beautiful old Madras style bungalow and is home to seven resident Havanese pups that greet you as you walk in through the doors. Twisty Tails has a spacious play area for your pet to socialise as well as an exclusive pet menu.
2. The Bark: The Bark is an upscale multi-cuisine restaurant in Alwarpet, Chennai, that has much to offer to pets and pet parents alike. The restaurant has a large backyard for your furry buddies to run about and pet pool to swim in.
1. Wood House – The Pet Café: if you are looking for the complete pet experience – dogs, cats, birds, fish et al – Wood House is the place to be. Done up beautifully to resemble a tree house, Wood House Café’s in-house pets are adorable and friendly. You can take your own pet along or just spend time with the in-house pets. The restaurant also arranges for pet parties, pet events and has a pet menu for your pet.
2. Love Room Café: Kolkata first pet-friendly café, Love Room is located at Tollygunge Circular Road in Kolkata. The restaurant has ten resident dogs and four resident cats. You can buy your canine pal some non-alcoholic doggy beer and choose from a variety of treats from the doggy menu.
Which is your favourite pet-friendly restaurant? Let us know in the comments.