Red Pepper Chicken Masala
Traditional bengali chicken curry is very well known especially for the our garam masala aroma and for the use of mustard oil. Here the recipe calls for an additional charred red pepper intrusion which not only add the smoky flavor but gives a bright red definition and color depth to the gravy. The use of Kashmir Chilli powder and homemade red pepper paste is the zing for the new version of taste and variation, hope you'll love to cook once you finish reading it. Rice, paratha, chapati or flavored rice with a green salad is ideal to complete the meal with this recipe.
- Prep time
- Cooking time
|Chicken||500 gram (g)|
|Red Pepper||200 gram (g)|
|Ginger Paste||2 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Garlic Paste||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Dry Red Chilli Paste||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Jaggery Powder||1/2 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Small Potato||4 piece/s|
|Bengali Garam Masala||1/2 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Green Cardamom||2 piece/s|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 piece/s|
|Bay Leaf||2 piece/s|
|Black Salt||to taste|
|Warm Water||1 cup/s|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli||1 teaspoon/s (tsp)|
|Mustard Oil||1/4th cup/s|
1. Firstly, to make the recipe clean and dry the chicken pieces and marinate with milk for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve the chicken for later use.
2. Spray the red pepper with oil and char for few minutes on direct fire. Once cool, take the skin off and make a raw paste.
3. Arrange and keep all the vegetable, dry spices and liquid ingredients near the cooking area.
4. Heat a medium pressure cooker with oil, temper with little salt, bay leaf and the whole garam masalas.
5. Fry the potatoes and discard after 2 minutes.
6. Add the onion and fry till translucent, add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, for 5 minutes.
7. Add few tablespoons of water and jaggery powder, kashmir chilli powder, red pepper paste.
8. Add the chicken fry for 5 minutes, add potato and warm water. Close lid.
9.Cook upto 2 whistle. Open lid. Check for salt.
10. Stir adding the bengali garam masala on medium heat. Once the oil floats on top stop flame.
11. Garnish with few onions and serve the chicken hot in serving bowls with rice or parathas and green salad on side.
2020 has taught us the importance of cooking homemade tasty recipes. The make it a habit of using the seasonal veggies and the less consumption of processed food at any cost but maintain the healthy tasty zeal of any recipe should be practiced. Natural flavors and daily use of farm fresh spices and organic veggies will add up the immunity level that will help to curb our sickness. This is my goal before creating a recipe and healthy cooking is the motto. Here the use of organic and adding of th